Monday, November 5, 2012

Welp

That job didn't last very long.

Even though I was hired on the spot for Barnes & Noble, one of the managers decided to "let me go."

Her reasoning was that I "wasn't suited for the position." Excuse me? All I did was organize shelves and fold clothes all day. A monkey can do that. How am I "not suited."

I think she was mad that a different manager hired me without consulting her. She felt like because she didn't hire me, she'd rather fire me. Which is dumb, because I always do my job and I do it well. But, hey. You know what? If I'm going to be treated like I'm not even a person, then I'm better off without them.

I applied to a stand-alone Starbucks up the street. I'm going to stop by there to see if I can talk with a manager about hiring me. I hope I can get the job. I mean, I have about 2 years of experience and they are hiring. . . so there's no reason for them NOT to hire me. Right?

Right.

Okay, I've been too angry to even type this stupid post out because I just really don't like that manager. And I'm under the impression that nobody else does, either. 

New slate, everything is game. Just because I "failed" doesn't mean I'm not good. It really hurt me that I was fired. I felt  . . . well, a bit useless, really. It felt like a slap to the face. I was doing my job, working well, and actually enjoying what I was doing (until they kept me from doing the job I was hired to do), and then I just suddenly wasn't "good" enough?

I won't lie. I have a fragile self-esteem. If you say negative things, I take them to heart. But I think after letting it soak in for a while, I feel better. I don't feel like anything was my fault. And when I told my coworkers they were shocked. As in, mouth-hanging-wide-open-eyes-not-blinking shocked. 

So, I think it was mainly the manager was showing off the fact that they were "in control" and could do whatever they liked. Puh.

In the meantime, I'll be trying to exercise and do art and vlog more. Not gonna let this get me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment